This past week in Disclosure:
August 21st – Members of Congress submit a letter to the Intelligence Community Inspector General demanding answers on the subject of UAP crash retrieval & reverse engineering programs
Following the allegations made under oath by David Grusch – Reps. Burchett, Luna, Moskowitz, Burlison, Mace, and Ogles signed and submitted a letter to Thomas Monheim, the current Intelligence Community Inspector General. The letter requests answers to the following questions:
- Which intelligence community members, positions, facilities, military bases, or other actors are involved with UAP crash retrieval programs, directly or indirectly
- Which intelligence community members, positions, facilities, military bases, or other actors are involved with UAP reverse engineering programs, directly or indirectly
Note – These Members of Congress are reaching out to IC IG Monheim because David Grusch provided all of this information to him back in June of 2022. Check out the Disclosure Timeline for more background.
The Members of Congress requested an answer to the letter by Sep 15, and access to the classified information by no later than Sep 26.
August 22nd – Rep. Mike Turner appears on Fox News and downplays David Grusch's allegations
Rep. Mike Turner appeared on a Fox News segment and was questioned about David Grusch's explosive allegations. He vehemently denies the veracity of Grusch's claims, saying – "I always love it when you have somebody who comes forward and testifies about things they don't know anything about."
The host bluntly asks whether aliens are on Earth or not, to which he seems to stumble when replying – "Maria...there...there..I...certainly can't tell you there are no aliens here...I can tell you that certainly there's no evidence, that what [Grusch] is testifying about [...] he has no direct knowledge of".
No mention was made of the 40 witnesses Grusch testified to having interviewed who informed and corroborated his eventual conclusions.
August 23rd – New Jersey's Chris Christie prioritises transparency on UAP in 1st Republican Presidential Debate
During the first Republican Presidential Primary Debate, the former Governor of New Jersey was asked about the president's responsibility in terms of providing the American public with the truth about the UFO topic.
Christie was a good sport about the unexpected topic that was specifically lobbed at him, and ultimately emphasised the importance of transparency– "The job of the president of the United States is to level with the American people about everything. The job of the president of the United States is to stand for truth".
August 26-27th – Reps. Andre Carson and Tim Burchett make an appearance at MUFON's 2023 International Symposium to publicly discuss the topic of UAP
Congressmen Andre Carson and Tim Burchett made an appearance at MUFON's 2023 international symposium event on UAP.
The event was not publicly streamed, so stay posted for updates in the near future.
Things to look out for in the near future:
- Congress is still on its August recess, so don't expect too much in terms of meaningful updates until (mid/late) September
- Following the UAP hearing on the 26th of July, Members of Congress continue to call for a select committee with subpoena authority, to “go about the task of collecting information from the Pentagon and elsewhere” on unidentified flying objects.
Many of David Grusch's most explosive whistleblower claims may require these subpoena authorities in some capacity in order to be sufficiently (in)validated.
- The House and the Senate will conclude their August recess and resume their activities in September. Specifically – the U.S. Senate will be in recess until September 5, while the House will be in recess until September 12
- The letter following up on Grusch's claims submitted to the ICIG by Reps. Burchett, Luna, Moskowitz (et al.) requests a response by Sep 15, and access to the classified material(s) by Sep 26
- On the 12th of September – the Mexico Chamber of Deputies is preparing to conduct a hearing focused on Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP), with notable guests including Ryan Graves and Robert Salas in attendance
- Steven Spielberg's production company will launch a 4 part docu-series covering UAP/UFO Encounters on Netflix in September (Link)
- The SOL Foundation is holding its first annual conference at Stanford University on November 17-19, 2023. Covering everything from the scientific study of UAP data to philosophical questions raised by it to related global security issues, the meeting brings together Avi Loeb, Charles McCullough, Cristopher Mellon, Garry Nolan, Jacques Vallée, and other leading academic and government voices on UAP.
Beyond / unknown
- While the US Senate passed the NDAA for FY24 – which included the UAP Disclosure Act of 2023 as an amendment – the coming months will still require Senators and Members of Congress to reconcile the two chambers’ versions of the NDAA and produce a final compromise bill. Most commentators don't expect this to happen before December 2023.
- According to Senator Gillibrand – an updated UAP report from AARO can be expected by January 2024. This update was originally expected in August 2023, but faced delays.
- A NASA spokesperson confirmed that their 'independent study team’s report will be released in the coming weeks.' This report has also faced delays, and no specific new deadline has been confirmed as of yet.
- Reps. Moskowitz, Luna, and Burchett have repeatedly stated their intent to hold field hearings to overcome stonewalling from the Pentagon and military establishment
"I think we [Congress] should try to get into one of these places [housing UAP evidence]...and if they won't let us in I think we should have a field hearing right outside the building...and the military will have to explain why that is." – Rep. Moskowitz (D)
It is currently unknown when we might expect that to occur.
Need a refresher on what's happened so far?
- Disclosure Timeline (since 2017)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key People
- Important Definitions
- Last week's Disclosure update
If you know anyone eager to learn about Disclosure in a serious way with 0% tolerance for BS, don't hesitate to share this post or refer them with this link!
Or share it directly to Twitter instead and keep your followers in the loop.