This past week in Disclosure:
September 25th – Dozens of Government UAP/UFO Whistleblowers have given testimony to Congress, Pentagon, and Inspectors General
According to an incisive piece of investigative journalism from Michael Shellenberger, Andrew Mohar and Phoebe Smith – "at least 30 other whistleblowers working for the federal government or government contractors have given testimony, or a 'protected disclosure,' to the Office of the Intelligence Community Inspector General (IC IG), the Defense Department Inspector General (DOD IG), or to Congress over the last several months".
The article goes on to state: "Testimony has included both first-hand and second-hand reports of crash retrieval and reverse-engineering programs by US, Russian, and Chinese governments; the testing of materials obtained from retrieved craft; active and ongoing government disinformation operations; kinetic military action with UAPs; contact and collaboration with nonhuman intelligence (NHIs); and the successful reverse-engineering of a triangle-shaped craft with unconventional propulsion."
The article also explores an alternative psychogenic (social contagion) explanation for the extraordinary claims.
The sources for this article have remained anonymous, and only time will tell whether this information (and an assessment of its veracity) will be released officially.
September 28th – DoD seeks emergency clearance to facilitate UAP/UFO Reporting on AARO website
US Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks has urgently requested the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to grant emergency clearance for the "AARO (Pentagon UFO office) Contact Form for Authorized Reporting."
This initiative is considered essential for collecting public contact information related to collecting UAP reports, and is mandated by the FY23 NDAA. In fact, the FY23 NDAA explicitly requires the creation of a public reporting mechanism for UAP along with a Historical Record Report on the government's engagement with these phenomena.
With an impending urgent deadline of October 31, 2023, Hicks' request for emergency clearance is required due to the impracticality of the conventional consultation process. OMB's decision on this matter is expected by September 29, 2023, marking a pivotal (and increasingly urgent) step towards fostering transparency on this topic.
September 29th – U.S. Department of Energy releases puzzling UAP-related documents on their website
The Department of Energy (DOE) website now officially includes a repository of "UAP/UFO Resources and Documents". The page includes several interesting operations reports, that seem to detail sightings of unmanned aerial systems in and around DOE facilities. The Debrief covered these reports more extensively in an article you can find here.
Furthermore, the page also includes four links to various other official UAP-related websites & reports (e.g. the ODNI's UAP assessment reports).
This seems to be just another indication of the ongoing trend towards greater UAP transparency from a variety of US governmental agencies.
October 1st – "I’m going to continue fighting in conference to keep language in the Disclosure Act that achieves nothing less than full disclosure." – Rep. Matt Gaetz
The Dailywire published a concise summary of recent developments in the UAP disclosure space, and received a strong new statement on the topic from Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fl):
“I support full disclosure of UAP incidents and encounters because the United States government is not being honest with the American people. I’m going to continue fighting in conference to keep language in the Disclosure Act that achieves nothing less than full disclosure.”
October 1st – David Grusch makes another public appearance in a new video from the Yes Theory YouTube channel
David Grusch appears in the latest Yes Theory YouTube video. The Yes Theory team had exclusive access to Grusch throughout the week he was testifying to Congress.
The video reiterates a lot of his claims, and highlights the fact that Grusch is not interested in being the one who does the 'full disclosure', rather he hopes his efforts will lead to the appropriate authorities stepping in to make the full extent of the truth known to the public.
He also indicates that there are other whistleblowers on the verge of coming forward with testimony, saying:
"There’s some intel officers & other people in & out of government that are about to file complaints similar to what I did, cause they said f*ck it ya know, & they were on these programs – like first hand dudes, not people telling me stuff – literally the dudes touching the stuff"
Things to look out for in the near future:
- According to Senator Gillibrand – an updated UAP report from AARO can be expected within a matter of weeks. This update was originally expected in August 2023, but faced delays.
- In line with this updated report, Gillibrand also mentioned –"I'll probably have another hearing aligned with that public report.”
- On October 19, NASA will hold another public meeting to discuss the Final Report of the ESAC Subcommittee Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) Independent Study Team (Link).
- The SOL Foundation is holding its first annual conference at Stanford University on November 17-19, 2023. Covering everything from the scientific study of UAP data to philosophical questions raised by it to related global security issues, the meeting brings together Avi Loeb, Charles McCullough, Cristopher Mellon, Garry Nolan, Jacques Vallée, and other leading academic and government voices on UAP.
Beyond / unknown
- While the US Senate passed the NDAA for FY24 – which included the UAP Disclosure Act of 2023 as an amendment – the coming months will still require Senators and Members of Congress to reconcile the two chambers’ versions of the NDAA and produce a final compromise bill. Most commentators don't expect this to happen before December 2023.
- Following the UAP hearing on the 26th of July, Members of Congress have called for a select committee with subpoena authority, to “go about the task of collecting information from the Pentagon and elsewhere” on unidentified flying objects. There have been conflicting messages from various Members of Congress on whether this is likely to happen anytime soon.
- Reps. Moskowitz, Luna, and Burchett have repeatedly stated their intent to hold field hearings to overcome stonewalling from the Pentagon and military establishment
"I think we [Congress] should try to get into one of these places [housing UAP evidence]...and if they won't let us in I think we should have a field hearing right outside the building...and the military will have to explain why that is." – Rep. Moskowitz (D)
It is currently unknown when we might expect that to occur.
- Several journalists have indicated that first-hand witnesses of the alleged UAP legacy programs are in the process of providing testimony/evidence to the relevant authorities (e.g. the IC IG) and/or are on the verge of making public statements in the near future (Example 1, example 2, example 3)
Need a refresher on what's happened so far?
- Disclosure Timeline (since 2017)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key People
- Important Definitions
- The four viable explanations for UAP
- Last week's Disclosure Diaries update
- Call for UAP Transparency
If you know anyone eager to learn about Disclosure in a serious way with 0% tolerance for BS, don't hesitate to share this post or refer them with this link!