This past week in Disclosure:
Jan 1st – a variety of British astronomers/astronauts speculate the James Webb Space Telescope may have already detected biosignatures associated with life
These suggestions are possibly connected to the detection & analysis of biosignatures on planet K2-18b, although it's best to wait for the release of a final peer-reviewed paper before speculating further.
Jan 4th – Dr. Eric Davis confirms he was one of the classified ICIG whistleblower complaint witnesses
Dr. Eric Davis clarified (on Facebook, no less), saying:
"I interacted with Dave Grusch from 2020-22 as part of my job. I was one of his classified ICIG whistleblower complaint witnesses because he got the breadcrumbs from me and a close colleague on where to find the UAP C/R program. So Dave Grusch heard no rumors. He used his access to the special security system to locate and talk to the industry C/R program personnel face-to-face."
Jan 6th – former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Christopher Mellon urges low expectations for the Jan 12th IC IG briefing
Christopher Mellon took to X to temper expectations related to the upcoming UAP-related ICIG briefing with Congress:
"The public should not expect much, if any, new information from the pending UAP briefing for the House Oversight Committee. After all, it will be a classified session. However, committee members may be able to provide a sense of the degree to which the IC IG has pursued and been able to corroborate Dave Grusch’s claims regarding UAP information withheld from Congress."
Jan 6th – the ICIG publishes its latest Semi Annual Report
The office of the IC IG published its Semi Annual Report for the period Apr-Sep 2023. Previous publications of the SAR seemingly corroborate Grusch's timeline of events, and indicated that (as of March 2023) an investigation into his claims was still ongoing.
The latest SAR does not include any pertinent updates, which may suggest the investigation is still underway.
Jan 7th – Rep. Eric Burlison continues to voice support for UAP transparency efforts
Rep. Eric Burlison took to X multiple times in early January to reiterate his support for UAP transparency efforts. One such example reads:
"UAPs buzzing around our military bases? Sounds like a national security threat to me. We need answers ASAP, not cover-ups."
Things to look out for in the near future:
- According to Senator Gillibrand – a public hearing in line with AARO's latest report can be expected soon, saying –"I'll probably have another hearing aligned with that public report.”
- Members of Congress were meant to discuss UAP-related matters in a SCIF with the Intelligence Community Inspector General on the 16th of November, however this session has been delayed until January 12.
- Dr. Kirkpatrick had claimed Volume One of AARO's historical review would be published by the end of the year...so keep your eyes peeled for that. There has been no update on why it has been delayed, or when specifically we can expect to see it published.
Beyond / unknown
- Following the UAP hearing on the 26th of July, Members of Congress have called for a select committee with subpoena authority, to “go about the task of collecting information from the Pentagon and elsewhere” on unidentified flying objects. There have been conflicting messages from various Members of Congress on whether this is likely to happen anytime soon.
- Reps. Moskowitz, Luna, and Burchett have repeatedly stated their intent to hold field hearings to overcome stonewalling from the Pentagon and military establishment
"I think we [Congress] should try to get into one of these places [housing UAP evidence]...and if they won't let us in I think we should have a field hearing right outside the building...and the military will have to explain why that is." – Rep. Moskowitz (D)
It is currently unknown when we might expect that to occur.
- Several journalists have indicated that first-hand witnesses of the alleged UAP legacy programs are in the process of providing testimony/evidence to the relevant authorities (e.g. the IC IG) and/or are on the verge of making public statements in the near future (Example 1, example 2, example 3, example 4)
- David Grusch has received additional clearances through DOPSR to discuss some of his (alleged) first-hand knowledge of Legacy programs. He has mentioned he may be covering more of this information in an upcoming Op-Ed
- Some commentators have speculated that the architects of the UAPDA (e.g. Sens. Schumer/Rounds et al) are working diligently behind the scenes to continue furthering serious legislative UAP transparency efforts
Need a refresher on what's happened so far?
- Disclosure Timeline (since 2017)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key People
- Important Definitions
- The four viable explanations for UAP
- Last week's Disclosure Diaries update
- Call for UAP Transparency
Want to dive deeper into the topic?
I recently started hosting longer-form conversations with relevant figures in the UAP disclosure space to go beyond the headlines and provide more context on the broader discourse. These conversations are available on YouTube and Spotify:
If you know anyone eager to learn about Disclosure in a serious way with 0% tolerance for BS, don't hesitate to share this post or refer them with this link!