This past week in Disclosure:
Jan 8th – David Grusch attends a private conference in NYC to speak about his UAP-related claims to a curated 60-person audience
According to a Reddit user – who allegedly was in attendance (and provided images of the event) – the audience comprised of professors, lawyers, business people, a few scientists, retired military, current FBI, and other government agency members.
Beyond the claims that are already public, Grusch also made some new revelations:
- Grusch was part of a secret program (in the NGA) that had figured out how to track & identify UAP's in Earth's atmosphere and near-Earth orbit
- his upcoming op-ed will provide additional details on this
- the US is in possession of a 40ft UAP that, once you enter it, is the size of a football field
- a US adversary is considering full disclosure to get out ahead of the US government
- the US has taken part in many crash retrievals prior to 1933
- some NHI may look like the typical 'grey alien', although they aren't sure of the origin
- no more than 50 people are aware of the full scope of the NHI situation
A Reddit thread summarising this event can be found here.
Jan 9th – Jeremy Corbell releases new UAP footage in a 3-part documentary produced by TMZ
Corbell identified first-hand witnesses who corroborated the event and added the following (which is not captured in the released clip):
“It goes out over a body of water. I’m told, it stops on a dime, descends into the water, stiff into the water. And for 17 minutes, nothin’. And BOOM! This thing comes up out of the water and shoots off at 45 degrees.”
Perhaps more notably – Corbell also claims to have sources who confirm a similar UFO has previously made an incursion at the Pantex nuclear facility. It is currently unknown on what date this incursion allegedly happened.
Jan 9th – HOC member Rep. Stephen Lynch makes a UAP-related statement on NBC
House Oversight Committee member, Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-MA), speaking in reference to UAP's that have been tracked by US sensor installations:
“The movement and the tracking that these new navigation systems picked up was something that no country, including the United States, on this Earth has… There’s tangible evidence of something’s going on. I’m not sure what it is, but we certainly have a responsibility to investigate it further."
Jan 11th – the Economist publishes an article exploring Congress's recent UAP transparency efforts
The article – titled "Why is America’s Congress being briefed on UFOs?" – provides a brief recap of events since 2017, before contextualising Grusch's whistleblower testimony and the upcoming ICIG briefing with members of the House Oversight Committee.
Interestingly, the article makes no mention of the Schumer-Rounds UAPDA…which featured language that aligned quite closely to Grusch’s central claims. The article even states "many lawmakers are skeptical of Grusch's explosive claims".
Jan 12th – the ICIG provides members of the House Oversight Committee with a UAP-related briefing
Contrary to prior expectations, the attendees of this confidential briefing were mostly pleased with the level of transparency from the ICIG (vs. some of their previous briefings, with the DoDIG amongst others...). It was apparently a small, but positive step in the right direction.
At least 16 House Representatives attended the session, and the key takeaways (based on their public statements) are as follows:
- Grusch's credibility as a witness/whistleblower has been confirmed
- many of Grusch's claims seem to be worthy of further investigation
- locations/private contractors/government actors and agencies have been identified for follow-ups, with field hearings to be hosted imminently
- the UAP topic is no longer a fringe topic, but a matter of urgent national concern
There were a lot of statements made (so be on the look-out for a dedicated post on this topic, coming soon!)...but for now:
Jan 12th – the New York Times covers the ICIG's UAP-related briefing with House Representatives
The article – "U.F.O.s Remain a Mystery to Lawmakers After Classified Briefing" – provides an overview of various statements made by House Reps following the ICIG briefing. While it clarifies the fact that Grusch's credibility was seemingly improved by the session, it also highlights that House Reps ultimately left the session with more questions.
Jan 14th – the Guardian poses the question: "what if we've been lied to about UFOs"
The Guardian published an article titled: ‘It only takes one to be real and it changes humanity for ever’: what if we’ve been lied to about UFOs?.
The article takes a balanced approach to recent UAP-transparency efforts, notably highlighting the original UAPDA language (as well as its subsequent evisceration...).
The article also highlights how continued lack of transparency can breed increased institutional distrust:
“If it is the case that there is no substance to the UFO/UAP issue beyond misperceptions, paranoia, delusions, hallucinations, gullibility and disinformation then the government, military and academic organisations need to openly and transparently look under every alleged rock in this topic,” says clinical psychologist Daniel Stubbings of Cardiff Metropolitan University. “But they have chosen to do the exact opposite, which increases the suspicion that there is something to hide.”
Things to look out for in the near future:
- According to Senator Gillibrand – a public hearing in line with AARO's latest report can be expected soon, saying –"I'll probably have another hearing aligned with that public report.”
- Dr. Kirkpatrick had claimed Volume One of AARO's historical review would be published by the end of the year...so keep your eyes peeled for that. There has been no update on why it has been delayed, or when specifically we can expect to see it published.
Beyond / unknown
- Following the UAP hearing on the 26th of July, Members of Congress have called for a select committee with subpoena authority, to “go about the task of collecting information from the Pentagon and elsewhere” on unidentified flying objects. There have been conflicting messages from various Members of Congress on whether this is likely to happen anytime soon.
- Reps. Moskowitz, Luna, and Burchett have repeatedly stated their intent to hold field hearings to overcome stonewalling from the Pentagon and military establishment
"I think we [Congress] should try to get into one of these places [housing UAP evidence]...and if they won't let us in I think we should have a field hearing right outside the building...and the military will have to explain why that is." – Rep. Moskowitz (D)
It is currently unknown when exactly we might expect that to occur, however as of Jan 12 – Rep. Luna confirmed: "I feel confident that we have enough evidence to move forward with our first field hearing. @mattgaetz @JaredEMoskowitz @timburchett . We will be announcing details soon."
- Several journalists have indicated that first-hand witnesses of the alleged UAP legacy programs are in the process of providing testimony/evidence to the relevant authorities (e.g. the IC IG) and/or are on the verge of making public statements in the near future (Example 1, example 2, example 3, example 4)
- David Grusch has received additional clearances through DOPSR to discuss some of his (alleged) first-hand knowledge of Legacy programs. He has mentioned he may be covering more of this information in an upcoming Op-Ed
- Some commentators have speculated that the architects of the UAPDA (e.g. Sens. Schumer/Rounds et al) are working diligently behind the scenes to continue furthering serious legislative UAP transparency efforts
Need a refresher on what's happened so far?
- Disclosure Timeline (since 2017)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key People
- Important Definitions
- The four viable explanations for UAP
- Last week's Disclosure Diaries update
- Call for UAP Transparency
Want to dive deeper into the topic?
I recently started hosting longer-form conversations with relevant figures in the UAP disclosure space to go beyond the headlines and provide more context on the broader discourse. These conversations are available on YouTube and Spotify:
If you know anyone eager to learn about Disclosure in a serious way with 0% tolerance for BS, don't hesitate to share this post or refer them with this link!