This past week in Disclosure:
September 12th – Mexican lawmakers heard testimony that "we are not alone" in the universe and saw alleged remains of non-human beings that remain unconfirmed
A hearing on UAP/NHI is held in Mexican congress. While the event did reveal previously unseen footage of UAP, the event most notably included the unveiling of alleged non-human/alien bodies. These bodies have been mired in controversy since their original unveiling some years ago. A peer-reviewed study of the body composition is not yet available.
September 14th – NASA shares the UAP Independent Study Report and hosts an accompanying public press conference
NASA hosts a UAP press conference to discuss the findings of its UAP Independent Study Report. The independent study team’s overall recommendation for NASA from its report is that the agency can play a prominent role in the government’s effort to understand UAP by furthering the study and data collection of UAP.
NASA appointed Mark McInerney as its new director of UAP research. McInerney previously served as NASA’s liaison to the Department of Defense covering limited UAP activities for the agency.
“The top takeaway from the study is that there is a lot more to learn. The NASA study did not find any evidence that UAP have an extraterrestrial origin, but we don’t know what these UAP are.” said NASA Administrator Bill Nelson.
September 14th – Rep. Anna Paulina Luna confirms there will be more public UAP hearings in the near future, while a Select Committee remains out of reach
“Just got word that we will not be getting the UAP select committee. However, we will be getting another hearing. @timburchett is working on dates. Also, we are still working on SCIF for Grusch." reads a message Rep. Luna tweeted on Sep 14.
September 15th – IC IG Thomas Monheim responds to Members of Congress regarding their questions on David Grusch's whistleblower claims
The letter specifically states the IC IG has not conducted any "audit, inspection, evaluation, or review" of alleged UAP programs. Notably – this specific phrasing correlates precisely to the IC IG's official taxonomy and divisional structure, with one glaring omission: investigation.
Rep. Burchett was not pleased with what he viewed to be a complete non-answer to his questions, and saw it as more evidence of a 'cover-up'. If the IC IG were in the midst of an active investigation into these alleged UAP programs however, he would be justified in keeping details to a minimum until the investigation is concluded.
September 16th – Oversight Chair Comer on UAP Select Committee: "If it was voted on today, I would vote for it"
- he understands there's a large demand for a UAP Select Committee to independently dig into the veracity of UAP whistleblower claims
- he'd vote for a UAP Select Committee if such a vote happened today
- he believes it should be under the House Committee on Science, Space and Tech
Things to look out for in the near future?
- Following the UAP hearing on the 26th of July, Members of Congress have called for a select committee with subpoena authority, to “go about the task of collecting information from the Pentagon and elsewhere” on unidentified flying objects.
- Steven Spielberg's production company will launch a 4 part docu-series covering UAP/UFO Encounters on Netflix in September 27 (Link)
- The SOL Foundation is holding its first annual conference at Stanford University on November 17-19, 2023. Covering everything from the scientific study of UAP data to philosophical questions raised by it to related global security issues, the meeting brings together Avi Loeb, Charles McCullough, Cristopher Mellon, Garry Nolan, Jacques Vallée, and other leading academic and government voices on UAP.
Beyond / unknown
- While the US Senate passed the NDAA for FY24 – which included the UAP Disclosure Act of 2023 as an amendment – the coming months will still require Senators and Members of Congress to reconcile the two chambers’ versions of the NDAA and produce a final compromise bill. Most commentators don't expect this to happen before December 2023.
- According to Senator Gillibrand – an updated UAP report from AARO can be expected by January 2024. This update was originally expected in August 2023, but faced delays.
- Reps. Moskowitz, Luna, and Burchett have repeatedly stated their intent to hold field hearings to overcome stonewalling from the Pentagon and military establishment
"I think we [Congress] should try to get into one of these places [housing UAP evidence]...and if they won't let us in I think we should have a field hearing right outside the building...and the military will have to explain why that is." – Rep. Moskowitz (D)
It is currently unknown when we might expect that to occur.
- Several journalists have indicated that first-hand witnesses of the alleged UAP legacy programs are in the process of providing testimony/evidence to the relevant authorities (e.g. the IC IG) and/or are on the verge of making public statements in the near future (Example 1, example 2, example 3)
Need a refresher on what's happened so far?
- Disclosure Timeline (since 2017)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key People
- Important Definitions
- The four viable explanations for UAP
- Last week's Disclosure update
- Call for UAP Transparency
If you know anyone eager to learn about Disclosure in a serious way with 0% tolerance for BS, don't hesitate to share this post or refer them with this link!
Or share it directly to Twitter instead and keep your followers in the loop.